Monday, August 8, 2005

the media and our generation

No comments:
 

Peter Jennings died today. I feel sad about that, and I don't really
know why. In recent years I haven't been able to stand watching his
broadcasts.... the bias was so obvious and so wrong.
But now he's dead and I feel a little disoriented. The old guard is
dying off. And my generation will have to step up and lead. And even
though the media is so skewed, even though I would watch the news and
think "I wonder if that's true?"... it's sad, somehow.
Do I really think Daisy Fuentes will lead us in an honest pursuit of
truth? How about Jessica Simpson? Or Jeff Probst?

You know what I mean? It's like we're in kindergarten and all the
teachers have left and now we have to figure it out. NOT that they were
right. But they were there.

You cannot know how I dread Rush dying. Who will pick up that baton?

I'll probably feel better after breakfast. It's just strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jess here: if Blogger gives you problems, just click "Anonymous" and sign your name. Roll with the punches, folks...

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff