Friday, November 25, 2005

the rundown

No comments:
 

Well, yesterday was a blast of course.

7 am Mama shows up with the turkey... I can't sleep anyway so I go and
talk while she cooks things

8 something Richy and Richy come in ... FruityFrosted O's for the
youngster....

9 more cooking... more talking.... Hernandez's moving cars and cutting
branches on the "softball field"

11:53 Leah and Nate and family arrive.... very exciting sweet potato
casserole also arrives

11:54 Nini and R2 have a crisis

11:57 all is well

11:58 Kai will DIE if he is not fed NOW

12:00 all is well

12:30 or so Velazquezes, then all the Yablonskis quickly arrive,
except for Bobby and John and Val who are out of town

then I don't know... we talk for a while... Hernandez's begin the
sports emporium... then we eat...

I AM SHOCKED TO FIND THAT I LIKE MY MOM'S TURKEY- WHEN I EAT STUFFING
AND GIBLET GRAVY WITH IT....

I tell the family that I will freely admit this here.... I have no
shame... I still like ham better...

Then the big dump-cake-off... Mikey won by one vote after a spirited
campaign.... I, however, was heartened to find a few new loyal
constituents among the Yablonskis... next year, next year...



Later: the guys go play VERY loud music in the studio... maybe a
little sports with the Hernandi... the women talk and a couple
Velazquez's fall asleep

Later: More eating

Throughout: Kai issues alerts and his demands are met... Nini has
excitement and crises... R2 is very concerned

Later: more eating and the guys figure out I have a TV. Farewell, men.
Kai issues alert. Velazquez women leave, Mama leaves... The men find
out Juan has a bigger TV. Farewell again.

The Cowboys lose. Bobby, Mike, Chris, and Mikey go home...

The Hernandi start a giant bonfire. The Nelsons and Clarks sit on the
deck and watch. Kai sleeps. Nini and R2 scream high-pitched
encouragement to the fire-makers....

The Nelsons go home.

The Clarks watch Finding Nemo with R2 and go to sleep. Oh, and R1
cleans the house...

a very successful Yablonski gathering... I loved having it at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jess here: if Blogger gives you problems, just click "Anonymous" and sign your name. Roll with the punches, folks...

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff