Monday, December 5, 2005

31 weeks! and Happy B-day Julie- BLANZA!

No comments:
 
Week Thirty-One

  • The rate of physical growth slows down just a bit, but even though he doesn't get much longer, he will gain a lot of weight the rest of the pregnancy.
  • Fat continues accumulating. This layer of fat turns his skin from red to the rosy pink he will have as a newborn.
  • Calcium, phosphorus and iron are being stored and his bones are growing and hardening.
  • Your baby is 16.2 inches (41.1cm) long and weighs 3.3 pounds (1502gm)
  • His brain enters another period of rapid growth, producing hundreds of billions of new nerve cells! Amazing!
  • He may move to the rhythm of music. Studies with heart rates show that he also prefers some types of music to others -- already!
  • Lungs are the only major organ left to complete development. Remember, that while you may be anxious to meet your little one that these last few weeks can be vital - with each day increasing your baby's ability to breathe on his own.

    So how do I feel? Elated at passing this milestone... giddy about my baby shower THIS weekend... emotional and a little disbelieving that he's real... In shock that I'll be 8 months next week.
    Physically I feel miserable. I think that's par for the course here. Everything hurts and I cry when I drop things...
    It's starting to sink in, though. I don't know if people can understand what I'm talking about. Richy and I will be driving and tell each other... we're going to have a baby. He will ride right here in this car. And it still seems imaginary.
    We put up the tree last night. Very exciting! I'll post a picture when we make an upstairs.



    Julie, Andy, and Sharon and Nathan Schluter!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Jess here: if Blogger gives you problems, just click "Anonymous" and sign your name. Roll with the punches, folks...

     
    © 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff