I was reading a book last night about getting published. It's called Writer Mama... looks interesting. It's pretty practical, but it's written by a mom of one... I don't mean to be disrespectful... some people I'm related to had their hands crazy full with just one, not naming any names, or cats.
But she talks about having an off-limits work area, and kid-free time... and I'm like, wait....
Anyway, everything I read suggests pitching ideas to magazines first, and I'm all lame like... man, I don't know non-fiction! And then I think doy, I write non-fiction every day here on the old blog... I don't think it's journalism or anything, but I've been priming the pump for about 3 years... oughta be something to write about.
Do you know, writing for cash would be like a dream...
It's another one of those things, though. Something I dream about and poke at, but never really embrace because I don't really think I could handle it.
Like kids. I have three. And most days I am so overwhelmed and exhausted... I wonder if all moms feel this way or if I am missing something. But even with the insanity, I want more kids someday. (don't hyperventilate, I'm talking about adopting)
I just need to figure out how to be "the joyful mother of children".
So writing is like that. If I sold something, and then I was dealing with pressure and deadlines, would I hate it? I wonder. Definitely thinking about trying it, regardless.
- ► 2014 ( 31 )
- ► 2013 ( 84 )
- ► 2012 ( 134 )
- ► 2011 ( 165 )
- ► 2010 ( 201 )
- ► 2009 ( 220 )
- I was going to write about needing a haircut. But ...
- World Revival Church
- From the Clark-ives III: R2 is born
- Woman Sacrifices Shower For Family
- Limitations... we don't need no stinking limitatio...
- Writing for green
- the Call
- from the Clark-ives: twu wuv and youth pastowing
- toby's great fall
- Today, I was notified via Twitter that, and I quot...
- Tattoos and shoes and ships and sealing wax
- From the Clarkives - the beginning of US
- Sometimes I really love the IHOP webstream... it's...
- You may remember a long time ago, I don't know, 6 ...
- I am typing this on the laptop, which is greatly c...
- Caught white-handed
- Do I have a sign on my back that says "Kick Me" to...
- Today, in the continuing Medical Adventures of R2,...
- Day dos
- ▼ Jul 2008 ( 23 )
- ► 2007 ( 234 )
- ► 2006 ( 319 )