Tuesday, August 22, 2006

intro to pregnancy ramblings

No comments:
 
For those of you who entered blog-dom around or after December... a warning.
This blog was originally set up to give people my information so I wouldn't have to talk on the phone. Thus, the reproductive terminology flows pretty freely. There are certain words that I will not use.... but cervix and uterus and so on... fair game.

This is what I have: I have a body that thinks it is time to go into labor once my baby weighs about 1 pound. My brain sends some kind of signal, and I start contracting and dilating, just like normal labor. Only I start very early. With R2, I didn't recognize contractions, and my water broke at 23 weeks and 3 days. With the twins, I noticed contractions beginning at 18 weeks. With Toby, I felt contractions at 14 weeks, and more serious ones at 19 weeks. But I had later weeks 24-28ish without contractions. So the way we have found to manage this... prayer, lots of checkups, laying down to keep weight off my cervix, and progesterone shots and ocassionally labor-stopping (hell-based) drugs. So there you go.

Now, I am normally a very modest, private person. Really. But when it comes to pregnancy, I have to keep the people informed. It should be fairly mild around here until November or so when they start really watching me. Then, the biology lessons shall begin.

...
Man, I am really hoping that this will be an easy pregnancy. I plan on resting, regardless. But I just would love to rest with NO contractions.
Do I hope it's a girl? everyone asks. Well, I don't know. Of course, I think it would be fun to have a girl. Especially if she was a girly-girl and we could hang out. (If she's catching bugs and such...ewww) But I am planning for a boy. I have had 4 in a row, and it seems like I will keep having them. Plus, it seems easier to have all one gender and share clothes and beds and baths and whatnot.
A girl would be cool. I've just never had one.

...
Hopefully I can go to the doctor pretty soon and find out how far along I am, officially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jess here: if Blogger gives you problems, just click "Anonymous" and sign your name. Roll with the punches, folks...

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff