Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cleveland familial ministry recap

No comments:
 
We slept in a basement last night. When we turned off the lights, it was the blackest black I have ever not seen. It rocked. We slept (all 5 of us) until 9:30 (8:30 central) which is unheard of... it was great.

Last night the MOG and I rocked it Radiant Unplugged style. It was just me and him and an acoustic guitar, and mikes of course. It's weird, because we've led a couple times in the last 10 years with just us, but this was a real throwback to our early days. No, I mean early. This felt like our 16 year old selves leading Youth For Christ.

Only not as rough... I'd like to think we sound a heck of a lot better than our 16 year old selves. We look better too. I am starting to notice that a lot of people look better as they get older... we get softer and clearer somehow.

Anyway, it was really fun. Teamwork is our thing, but it's usually a team of 7 or 8, so a team of just the 2 of us was good... refreshing. Not that I want to throw out the band, just that it was nice to have that marital ministry moment. MMM, if you will.

In a moment, we leave for Nashville. It's only 2 hours away, and I have been promised enchiladas. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jess here: if Blogger gives you problems, just click "Anonymous" and sign your name. Roll with the punches, folks...

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff