Monday, February 20, 2006

top o the early marnin

No comments:
 

I'll be back in a few.... Toby ruled the night like Dracula...



9:55
So here's the whatsit... last night T wakes up at 1 am for some food... I feed him and then he is uncomfortable and grunts and cries and so forth. So I am holding and patting and begging and pleading and so forth. And then- the OTHER adult in my home goes and sleeps in the other room... Some issues start to come up in my heart around 2:30. What can I say? It's a great time for introspection.
At some point T sleeps, then wakes up at 3:30 for some more. I decide at this point to bury the hatchet (figure of speech) and not mention the whole desertion after 2 nights spent sleeping soundly in a hotel room hundreds of miles away.
UNTIL (and this is what my brother Bob would call the Thar She Blows moment) he comes in this morning and says man am I tired! I didn't get enough sleep....
And I just calmly smile and say, what would you like for breakfast, dear? And while I'm cooking, is there anything I can pray for you about?? (just like Jesus)
Well, okay, it wasn't exactly like that. At all.
But now I can think better. You know, in Dr Laura's book Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands (which outrages my feminist sensibilties, but is right), she talks about husbands and wives- how the men work one job all day and the wives expect them to help at home... not that hubbies shouldn't help, but just bringing perspective to it...
So I guess what we need is a wet nurse, or a clone of me. That oughta do it.

Introspection aside, I will still accept the French Toast peace offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jess here: if Blogger gives you problems, just click "Anonymous" and sign your name. Roll with the punches, folks...

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff